Tuesday, June 12, 2007

2 hours in Testevere

Documented Experience
Tuesday, June 12:

1:30 pm (13:30)- Arrive at Location
1:40- After much consideration I finally find a place to sitt and rest. It took about 10 mins to decide where I was going to sit because I needed to get a spot that was comfy...especially since ill be here for the next 2 hours!
2:00- I have only been sitting here about 20 mins and I'm already bored. People are looking at me funny. Prolly because im sitting in the street with a notebook starring at them. I love to people watch, but its hard to do when everyone is already watching you. I knew I should have brought by sunglasses! Then i could have starred at people and they would never know.
2:30- I like this area a lot. Its like a secret hide away tucked into the busy city. Its actually very calm and relaxing here. I find it hard in Rome to find places like this. I miss my patio at home because it is so peaceful.
2:50- I have almost been sitting here for an hour, but I dont mind because it is the perfect day. My butt is starting to hurt a little though so I think I may stand up for a little while. I wish I could walk around but the assignment said you had to stay in the same place.
3:00- Back! I just realized I have been here for an hour and I have only been writing about my own thought and not about what is going on around me...better start paying attention.
3:05- I feel as though I'm in a movei right now. The little alley with the little italian men and women walking around. This is all so surreal. It seems as though even when the people are working they still sustain a peacefulness. Every sound I hear does not disturd the peace but adds to the moment.
3:10- Its almost like I have blended in with the area. People arent really looking at me anymore, they are just going about their daily lives. I love just observing the people as they pass. One elderly man just walked by. He was so cute! He was walking so slow and it seemed as though he was in front of me but he really wasnt all there, his mind seemed to be somewhere else. I wonder what he was thinking. I always like to watching people and make up my own stories about what I think their lives are like.
3:22- I decided to write 3:22 because 22 is my number! I miss lacrosse already. It hasnt hit me that I only have one year left. That makes me so sad. I cant imagine my life without lacrosse. That seems silly to some, but it has been such a big part of my life for so long. I will have to find something else I love to fill the void. I would really like to take up riding again.
3:30- Got a little off the subject of Testevere for a minute. I guess im just enjoying to moment. The scenery is so peaceful that my mind has sort of been wondering. I find that I have a lot of deep thoughts here. I find myself constantly reevaluating my life. I wonder if this happens to a lot of people when they come here.
3:40- Just saw a hot guy. I swear you cant even sitt in an alley without seeing one. They are everywhere! The worst part about going back to America is going to be not having all the good looking men. Wish I could bring all the Italian men back with me. Speaking of going home...I have to do it in less then 3 weeks : ( I wish I had more time here!
3:50- Guess I have almost been here for 2 hours. It kinda went by fast. I guess because I was thinking about a lot of things and the weather is so nice. I didnt really write about the people walking by that much...hope I did this assignment right. This class is so different and abstract...I love it. I have never gotten to do stuff like this. I feel like this class makes me think about a lot of things on a whole new level...it scares me sometimes.
4:05- I wouldnt mind staying here a little longer but I have to go to the Coloseum. I am soooo excited to go in it! It is one place I HAVE to see. I think the whole story behind it is so intriquing. I guess there is a story behind every place though, they just arent all so well known. I wonder what the story behind this place is...


(location- Via Della Lungaretta)

No comments: