Monday, May 28, 2007

Can I get some private space in public!?

Even when in public i expect some private space. For example...when standing in line i expect the person behind me to keep a certain distance between himself or herself and myself. But Rome is very different than the States! In Rome people really don't seem to respect your private space in public.
Romans have no problem standing EXTREMELY close to you, and they also have no problems STARRING!
In the states people expect a certain amount of privacy even while in public. Its normal to look, but not stare, it normal to be close in crowded spaces but not to touch...but in Rome these unspoken "rules" seem not to exist.
I feel as though my private space is being invaded! Am i crazy or are they really just TOO CLOSE?!?!

No comments: